Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kroger Mega Sale and me



I have been interested in doing more with coupons over the last couple of months in an effort to save money. Some of my favorite couponing sites are listed in the column on the right. Today, after lots of consulting, especially with Becky’s very extensive list of the best deals over at nickels-n-dimes I ventured out to my local Kroger’s for their 10 item Mega Event. The picture above shows what I bought and my grand total for all this was $18.53. I purchased 21 items, 20 of which were on the Mega list. When I first checked out my total was $29.33 with a total savings amount of $32.24. More...

I knew that wasn’t correct, so I just went right to the service desk to sort things out instead of holding up the line at the check out. Turns out 3 of my items didn’t come up as part of the sale. Some of the signage was confusing and the customer service cashier took the items (right product, wrong style or size) and went and got the correct items. Taking off the items, that weren’t on sale and adding the ones that were and giving me another $5.00 Mega sale credit, took off an additional $10.80 for the total of $18.53. So all in all, a pretty successful shopping trip.

I found it pretty tricky to try and coordinate my e-coupons from Cellfire, Shortcuts, etc with my paper coupons. My understanding is those are not supposed to double and some of my paper coupons were better since they doubled, so I am not sure I will load e-coupons again. They are fine if you don’t have the paper ones, but I don’t want them overriding my paper coupons if I am only buying 1 of a certain item. Also 2 of my Cellfire coupons didn’t load on, but I didn’t find that out until I checked the receipt more thoroughly when I got home.

P.S. In searching the web, I have discovered that there is quite a controversy over whether or not it is permissable to stack e-coupons and paper coupons and it seems to be far from settled. I'm not sure at this point whether I will conitnue to try and use e-coupons or not.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks for the shout out. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I really like the green! NICE!